Friday, May 8, 2009

Whew! This blogging business is tough! Every time I get a minute to post something I think "well, I really should start dinner " or "Blake's going to be waking up from his nap soon. " Blake and computers are a bad combination. So anyway, what have we been up to? Not much, but it's been crazy at the same time. And when Jason got his first day off since April, (other than Sundays) we had to go to the cardiologist in Salt Lake. Of course you gotta do a little shopping while your down there. And so our bathroom is still not finished. It's frustrating--we are so close.
Oh, speaking of the cardiologist. Blake got an echocardiogram on Cinco de Mayo and he was sedated. It's basically an ultrasound of his heart. It's kind of funny to see how babies act when they first wake up from sedation. Anyway, Blake's heart looks good, they're a little concerned about his rhythm. Usually it's irregular and this time his heartrate was a little slow. He had to go home with a holter monitor for 24 hours, that's always fun.


Another thing we have been doing a lot of is soccer games. Aubrey started playing last month but a lot of the games were cancelled because of rain or snow. So with make-up games, we have been having three games a week plus practice. It can be tiring. But she's getting a lot better, she's got some hustle in her...when she wants. She scored a goal last Wednesday! I try to take pictures but I usually spend the whole time keeping Blake out of the other games. Carter is up to usual antics. You never know what's going to come out of his mouth. His favorite thing to say to visitors is "What are you doing at my house?" Just this morning I was changing his diaper (yes, we still use diapers) and dressing him. He always hates it when I use the wipes on his bum. So this particular morning he blurted out "Why do you TREAT me like this?" He was exasperated, it was hilarious.
Hey! Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. Especially to my mom. She's a great lady.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha...oh, Carter. What a ROIT!!! That is great. Embarrassing though I started laughing and people in the clubhouse looked at me funny. Oopsie. And tell Aubrey awesome that she scored a goal. By the way, I saw your comment on Ambo's blog...What up dawg?...hmmm...whoa Randy Jackson where did you come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they so fun when they are three. I am going to be so glad when I am done with diapers. We are trying. Now who is the one that is taking forever to update her blog. I was working a lot of hour give me a break. Plus I keep thinking that no one wants to hear about my boring life. Apparently you and Sarah do. I will do my best from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey so I just talked with Ambo and you got slammed for not updating frequently. However I have an idea for your next topic. Just go take some pictures of your children and then post them and just be like, "Sarah said she wanted pics of my kids so here they are" Then it has an excuse to be "boring" or whatever. I will not think it is boring.

    ReplyDelete